Job title: Customer Care Associate
Reports to: Community Outreach Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Employment Status: Full-time regular
Starting Wage: $13.40/hour
Summary of Responsibilities
The Customer Care Associate is a key member of the operations team, and part of a talented and dynamic team of Customer Care Associates. Customer Care Associates are responsible for ensuring everyone who visits the Mohawk Hudson Humane Society (MHHS) is met with empathy and professionalism. The Customer Care Associate provides the highest standards of customer service and ensures that all company policies are followed. Additional tasks include scheduling, responding to customer questions, concerns, and complaints, handling monetary transactions, and providing essential reports for accurate billing.
- Provide high quality customer service
- Communicates policies and procedures to the public, working to resolve issues as they arise
- Investigates customer problems and find solutions
- Maintains an operational understanding of the telephone system, phone trees, and outgoing messages
- Monitors and responds to all shared email accounts and voicemail boxes related to customer service
- Schedules customers for adoptions, spay/neuter services, euthanasia, wellness, obedience training, and special programs
- Works with customers who need to surrender pets through our managed intake process
- Supports MHHS’ Loved for Life initiative by counseling customers on our pet retention programs, such as obedience training, low-cost wellness, and the pet food pantry
- Solicits donations from customers and assists with in-kind donations
- Collects complete donor information for each donation received
- Processes all transaction types, responds to customer correspondence, and assists with check-in/out of clinic clients
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of available animal inventory and breed characteristics, directing customers toward pets that match their lifestyle
- Learns basic duties of other departments and support other departments and staff
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma /GED or two years of consistent work experience
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of the MS Office Suite or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Valid NYS driver’s license
- No medical restrictions to animal contact
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is regularly required to use hands and fingers, talk and hear.
- The incumbent is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The position holder must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 40lbs.
- Specific vision abilities for this position include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The hours for this position are normally 9 am – 5:30 pm, five days per week.
- Evenings and holidays may sometimes be required.
- Work will take place in a variety of environments including medical offices, administrative offices, operational areas, and offsite, including outdoors.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, and hearing protection is available where noise exceeds acceptable levels.
- While performing the duties of this job, the position will be exposed to animal odors, animal wastes, chemical cleaning agents, and airborne particles