Maintain the safety and security of 3 college campuses including employees, students, and facilities. The Public Safety Officer position is vital position for the everyday operations for UHA Public Safety. It is a 24/7 operation broken down into 3 shifts. Positions included but are not limited to walking posts, vehicle posts and static posts.
Pay and Benefits
Pay: Starting between $15 - 18 per hour depending on experience
Benefits: 403(b) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Parental leave, Referral program, Retirement plan, Tuition reimbursement, Vision insurance, Paid Holidays
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Patrol campus and perimeter on foot, bicycle and by motor vehicle while maintaining radio contact with campus security dispatcher.
- Enforce College regulations and correct parking conditions
- Remove safety hazards
- Maintain security of all buildings and members of campus community
- Inspect assigned buildings on each tour for conditions of door locks, fire exit signs, and windows
- Inspect all exterior and security lighting and checks for illegal entry on all night tours
- Respond to calls and participate in investigations of incidents as needed
- Provides comprehensive notes and summaries to the Computerized Incident Reporting System,
- Conducts resident alarm checks and fire drills during semester
- Provide security escort for students, staff, and faculty to and from campus buildings
- Answer calls when assigned dispatch duty
- Issue parking tickets
- Direct patrons to appropriate parking during special events
- Provide access to locked facilities on campus
- Maintain constant communication with the Security Dispatcher while on duty
- Follows established college policies and procedures, including the timely use of email to routinely communicate with supervisor and others as required, time reporting procedures, and equipment check in/check out during shift.
- High School graduate/or GED required
- A valid NYS Security Guard license is required at the time of hire
- Ability to walk extensively across multiple areas of campus up to 5 miles/day, as well as standing for long periods of time is required.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, lifts, as well as occasionally reach, stoop, crouch, sit, and kneel.
- A valid NYS driver's license, with no more than 2 moving violation convictions and/or accidents within the past 40 months required.
- Six months previous experience in a security enforcement position preferred
- First Aid/ CPR /AED certification is preferred.
- Ability to interact in a service oriented and professional manner with members of the campus community and general public.
- Must have a reliable way to work.
- Strong knowledge of the local roadways throughout the immediate areas surrounding the campuses.
- Strong communication skills.