This job is archived
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill an Administrative Assistant II position within PDP’s Public Service Workshops Program in Albany, NY.
Description of Duties:
This position performs day-to-day office support functions including registration and customer service related to administration of the Public Service Workshops Program (PSWP). Duties include but are not limited to: entering data into an Access database and an online Learning Management System; communicating with New York State employees, contractors, and educational instructors regarding the Public Service Workshops Program via phone and email; answering phones and responding to inquiries, scanning and file management; and other duties as assigned to fulfill contractual obligations.
- High school diploma and four years of office and general administrative support experience.
- Excellent communication (interpersonal, written, and oral), customer service, and telephone skills.
- Demonstrated proficiencies using Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat Pro, and document templates, including the ability to format documents of a complex nature.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize, manage, and complete numerous tasks within established deadlines, work under pressure, and maintain strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under supervision as well as part of a team.
- Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally travel on project business within NYS, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation.
- Experience with remote training software, such as WebEx and/and Zoom
SPECIAL NOTES: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the high $30s. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=141205. Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.