This job is archived
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill an Administrative Assistant II position within PDP’s Department of Temporary Assistance Training in Albany, NY.
Description of Duties:
Duties include, but are not limited to: performing administrative/secretarial functions and providing project and logistical support for designated education and training teams and programs, including word processing, scanning, copying, and file management; providing exceptional customer service, including answering phones/e-mails, responding to inquiries, and corresponding with staff, trainees, project sponsors, and vendors; preparing, formatting, proofreading, editing, and assembling training materials, correspondence, and reports in required document templates; proficiently using Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Pro, and maintaining/updating databases and course registration/learning management systems; preparing/processing purchase requisitions, travel reimbursements, and work agreements with vendors; arranging meetings/trainings and staff/trainee travel activities; and maintaining training and office calendars. Perform other duties as assigned to meet contract requirements. Full-time position. Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs. required. Ability to occasionally travel on project business within NYS required, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation.
- High school diploma and four years of office and general administrative support experience.
- Excellent communication (interpersonal, written, and oral), customer service, and telephone skills.
- Demonstrated proficiencies using Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat Pro, and document templates, including the ability to format documents of a complex nature.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize, manage, and complete numerous tasks within established deadlines, work under pressure, and maintain strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under supervision as well as part of a team.
- Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally travel on project business within NYS, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation.
- Post-secondary education.
- Experience working in an adult education and/or training setting.
- Additional and progressively responsible work experience in the field of administrative support.
- Proficiency in the use of learning management systems.
SPECIAL NOTES: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the mid to high $30s. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Applicants selected for second interviews will be expected to provide responses based on given scenarios. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=141044. Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.