This job is archived
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Education Specialist position located in Albany, NY.
The Senior Education Specialist will be responsible for the development and training for NYS OCFS Regulatory Training and work for the Professional Development Program under the Early Childhood Education and Training Program. Duties include but are not limited to: Schedule and provide training for approved project audience in classroom or through virtual course offerings, assuring quality adult learning experiences, and compliance with applicable NYS laws, regulations, and policies; provide technical support and monitoring of training to assess effectiveness including initiating/suggesting corrective strategies when warranted; review training curriculum and materials for compliance with applicable State University of New York (SUNY) and the Office of Children and Family Services rules, regulations, and polices; develop curriculum as needed to meet the needs of the training audience and in compliance with the NYS rules, regulations, policies, using the PDP adult learning standards and approved format; collaborate with PDP management/staff and sponsor staff to improve/expand a project/functional area through developing new resources, programs or other opportunities; assist in needs assessments and program evaluation and analysis; complete project reports and documentation as required, and other duties as assigned to meet contractual obligations.
- Bachelor's Degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Adult Education or related field and a minimum of two years experience in adult education, training, and curriculum development.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly master complex training content.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet posted deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tools and technologies used in virtual training platforms.
- Ability to work variable hours and occasional travel throughout NYS including to areas that may not be served by public transportation (50% – 60%).
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Information Technology experience.
- Ability to speak Spanish.
SPECIAL NOTES: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the low $60s. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Candidates selected for a final interview will be expected to complete an on-site assignment and presentation. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=140745. Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.