The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Programmer/Analyst Project Leader position located in Albany, NY.
Under the direction of the Information Systems Manager, the Senior Programmer Analyst Project Leader is responsible for analyzing, recommending, developing, and overseeing the implementation of effective systems solutions to meet contract deliverables for programs such as EIP scholarship administration, program registration, the training organization portal, and all other project and project-support PDP databases. The Senior Programmer/Analyst Project Leader has full technical knowledge of all phases of systems analysis and programming, including but not limited to: Coding application components, developing queries and reports, designing and creating data-driven web page interfaces with production databases, and ensuring appropriate database security and product quality. Incumbent supervises the work of other programming staff and performs other duties as assigned to meet contract requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Computer Science or other related field.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience programming using languages including but not limited to C#, .NET, Microsoft Access, C++, and Visual Basic.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience developing relational databases in a Microsoft SQL Server environment using TSQL.
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming principles.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, understand and incorporate complex project rules into system requirements.
- Experience with database tuning and performance optimization.
- Three or more years of supervisory experience and project management experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Applicant must address in their application their abilities and experience in working with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Microsoft products including DevOps and SharePoint.
- Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
SPECIAL NOTES: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the low $80s. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, and a letter of application. Candidates selected for a final interview will be asked to complete an assignment related to this position’s job functions. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=139709. Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.