This job is archived
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a full time Project Staff Associate position within PDP’s Finance and Project Support Department in Albany, NY.
The Project Staff Associate will provide management and oversight for financial and administrative support functions within a high performing continuing professional education program with a multi-million dollar annual portfolio of contracts and grants serving federal, state, and local sponsors in the public sector. This position serves as manager of the training and event reservation system and operations of PDP’s training and conference rooms, copy center, and training evaluation processing. Duties include but are not limited to: Provide management for all financial activity within the Professional Development Program, develop project budgets and provide guidance and support in the development of new contract and grant applications, manage the PDP training and event reservation system and training rooms, oversee copy center functioning, serve as primary financial liaison, supervise professional and support staff and as a member of PDP’s Management Team, lead and contribute to organizational initiatives as needed.
- Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or internationally recognized accrediting organization with a concentration in finance, business administration, management, or a related field and four years’ experience developing proposals, budgets, forecasts, and financial analyses -or- a bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, management, or a related field and six years’ experience developing proposals, budgets, forecasts, and financial analyses.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office products, including MS Excel and MS Access.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks, often under tight deadlines, and manage projects to a successful completion.
- Strong organizational skills with strict attention to details.
1) Experience working in a continuing education or other educational environment.
2) Knowledge of SUNY and Research Foundation policies and procedures.
SPECIAL NOTES: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the mid to high $90s. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Those selected for a second interview will be asked to complete an assignment. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=141181. Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.