The Support Track: Utility Worker position provides facilities and material support throughout the manufacturing facility, assisting other shop classifications as needed.
Personnel in the Support Track Function are skilled indirect labor personnel that foster higher productivity and efficiency in the manufacturing environment by insuring needs are met and materials/tools/labor are organized and available as production demands. This is a non-exempt hourly position in the Manufacturing Department. Candidates may be asked to work any shift, rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as defined by Company needs.
- Perform duties in assisting all other shop classifications as warranted by skill level, training, and need as deemed by Shop Management
- Perform minor maintenance duties on parts, assemblies, machines, building/grounds per instruction as required (i.e. cleaning, painting, mowing, snow removal, disposal of materials, etc.)
- Assist building/grounds maintenance personnel as required
- Perform detailed janitorial projects as instructed
- Run small errands (i.e. pick-up/delivery, mail, etc.) as required
- Perform any reasonable request, within qualifications, by Shop Supervisors, necessary for the smooth, efficient operation of the factory and consistent production
- Responsible for the performance of above mentioned duties with minimum supervision, as required, to the quality and safety standards acceptable by NSH USA Corporation
- Reports to Director of Manufacturing Operations
Training and Opportunities:
Training and opportunity to learn and/or prove skills in the following disciplines include:
- Technical Skills
- Mechanical Skills
- Electrical Skills
- Commissioning Skills
- Milling Machining
- Turning Machining
- Special Machining
- Surface Prep/Treatment
- Material Handling
- Large Part/Piece Rigging
- ERP Utilization
- Project Coordination
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Efficient and particular
- Detail oriented
- General knowledge of manufacturing equipment and small hand and power tools
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- Good communication and self-motivational skills required
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis required
- Potentially stand for an entire working shift
- Ability to work in a typical manufacturing environment and must be familiar with safe working practices and use protective equipment to avoid common hazards such as safety belts and protective glasses and perform job duties in accordance with those practices
Character, integrity and trustworthiness are very important attributes that NSH USA Corporation looks for in all candidates.
This is a Union shop.
NSH USA offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K) and incentive programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Apply online: https://nsh-usa.com/jobpost/utility-worker/